Hi! This is Chad Gardner, owner of A Nu-Look Cleaning & Restoration of Post Falls. I’ve lived in the Post Falls area all my life. I’m an IICRC certified Master Cleaner, Indoor Air Quality Professional, and have provided a number of cleaning services in Post Falls for the last 20 years. In that time, I’ve found out that there are a lot of unethical cleaning companies in Post Falls as well as misconceptions about carpet cleaning. I’m here to hopefully help you make an educated decision next time you need it done.
If you’re thinking about having your carpets cleaned, we encourage you to follow these four steps:
Make a commitment to yourself to get your carpets cleaned. The longer they remain dirty, the sooner they’ll wear out. Plus, while you wait, you’ll be breathing in all the pollens, fungus, and chemicals that hide in your carpet.
List your objectives. Do you want only the dirt removed? That’s something you could do with a rented shampooer. Or do you want all the bacteria, fungus, chemicals, and dust mites removed? This will require an IICRC certified hot water truck-mount cleaner like we use. Do you want to work with an honest and reputable company, or are you willing to risk working with the company that offers you the lowest price knowing that the company might not be in business tomorrow.
- Ask Questions:
1. What method of carpet cleaning do you recommend? Answer: Only IICRC certified truck mounted hot water extraction cleaning systems are the best.
2. What type of equipment do you use to clean carpet? Answer: IICRC Certified Green Cleaning Solutions and Truck/van mounted units.
3. What will your equipment remove from my carpet? Answer: Dirt, oils, odors, bacteria, fungus, chemicals, pollens, and tobacco products to name a few.
4. How often should I get my carpets cleaned? Answer: To keep carpet warranties up to date you need to have it cleaned by a IICRC certified firm every 18-24 months. To get the most time out of your flooring investment I recommend cleaning high traffic areas every 10-12 months.
5. What training have you had in cleaning carpets? Answer: IICRC training is available in every state and required updated training every year. Also, on the job experience makes a big difference.
6. Are you a member of any trade associations? Answer: Institute of Inspection Cleaning & Restoration Cert., Carpet Rug Institute, Indoor Air Quality Association to name a few.
7. Is your company and technicians certified by the IICRC? Answer: By law you do not have to be, however if the firm and technician is not certified I can guarantee your carpet will not be cleaned properly which leads to residue left in carpet, long dry times and spots coming back.
Once you’re satisfied that you’re working with an honest and competent professional, invite him into your home and ask for a specific quotation in writing. A written quote gives you the assurance that you know exactly what your job will cost; no surprises.
By following these four steps, you’ll gather all the information you need to make an informed and intelligent decision. If you want a quick and cheap carpet cleaning job, many companies in the phone book can help you. Or you can rent a shampooer from the grocery store and do it yourself.
If you want your cleaning to completely and healthfully remove the bacteria, fungus, chemicals, pollens, and tobacco products from your carpet, then we invite you call us.
We’ll be happy to answer your questions, provide you a cost estimate over the telephone, or come into your home and give you a free written quotation without cost or obligation of any kind. To reach us, call (208) 667-4984 (Coeur d’Alene) or (509) 342-5388(Spokane)
We’ve dedicated our business to consumer education and service. We’ll be pleased to help you in every way and look forward to your call.
A Nu-Look Carpet Cleaning & Restoration, INC.